Thursday, October 11, 2007

The "feel good" factor

It is not tangible or measurable yet makes an ocean of a difference, permeating across innumerable aspects of our day to day life - personal, professional and social relationships.

We leave our workplaces. Let go of family and friends. Elections are lost and won. Even the stock market gets affected. Thats the power of the "feel good" factor.

This is a key element to reducing friction and promoting healthy interactions between two individuals forming a micro unit and the same being extended to large organisations, societal groups.

It could range from a smile, a small gesture, a thoughtful act, a kind word or just being there - whatever makes the other person feel good - we do it because we care...in the process, reach out to the concerned person, group to infuse this feeling. Mere thought alone may not suffice but perhaps needs to be accompanied by action of some kind, an external manifestation that we care, perhaps.

And its an open field. Anyone can take the initiative anytime, sans reasons or excuses.
If we only care.

Its after all, just "feel good"!

My day just began on a "feel good" note. Climbing the stairs to my workplace, I noticed the leaning lady mopping the stairs. When I excused myself to pass through, she turns towards me, moves back and gives me a beautiful, radiant smile!

No comments: