Thursday, July 05, 2007

TIIN

(The Iyer-Iyengar Network)

I got to thank a cousin of mine for this post. He informed me that there is this Iyer-Iyengar community on orkut and I burst out laughing when he started telling me the categories. So much so - I decided to search and read it for myself.

It was too hilarious and well, as they say, its always good to laugh at yourself!

Anyways, with due respect to the person who came with these categories, I reproduce some of my favourite ones here.


§ Is Tamil/Tanglish the language of your house?
§ Do you meet other Iyers or Iyengars, only to find you're related through your
cousin's father-in-law's brother's nephew?
§ Everytime you meet another Iyer/Iyengar of the opposite sex, are your parents
thinking "what a cultured boy/girl...marriage potential"?
§ Does your last name exceed the spaces allotted for standardized tests?
§ Does your family attach the words "di" or "da" to the end of every sentence for
added emphasis?
§ Does your family rant and rave about avviyal?
§ Did your parents emphasize the importance of "Maths" when you did your homework?
§ Do you drink Horlicks out of a tumbler?
§ Do you and your family sit around and watch Super Vivek Comedies?

There are other communities like TGLI (Tall Good Looking Iyengar) – [I wonder where he is looking though ;)

All in all, good compilation! :)

No comments: