Monday, July 02, 2007

So what if its a Monday? or Sunday?

My favourite day of the week : Sunday.

Yes, I just love the day! It's my day! I am free to do whatever I want to do and that would typically start off with my waking up not earlier than 10 AM - with a sense of euphoria and excitement, not to mention laziness in extra degrees. :)

As the day draws out, the euphoria transforms itself to despair and frustration..."Gosh! My sunday is almost over and tomorrow's monday- another gruelling 5-5.5 days to go"

There is this friend I have been chatting with every sunday evening last few weeks.. and everytime we call/chat, with a sense of what I like to call 'urgent purpose', she asks me, " Can you give me a good reason why I should not go to office tomorrow?"

"Why, what happened ?", I enquire and the reply is predictably the same - "Come on, Tomorrow's a Monday!!"

So how do we beat the monday morning blues?

My grandmom has an interesting counter to this - So what if it's a Sunday??

2 comments:

laa said...

I don't say "C'mon tomorrow's a monday" I jus say "Monday morning blues" , someone's a bad listener :)

Sharan said...

Ouch!

Blame it on the liberties all writers take while pursuing their calling ;)